Xiao Flute Bamboo Tuned in A C D E F G
- Chinese notched flute. Tuned in A C D E F G, The Japanese Shakuhachi served as a model. Also it is blown through a notch at the upper end of the tube. Because of the different shape of the notch the sound can be kept a little more stable than the Japanese version. The sound is very smooth, deep and restrained. Originally it was used by Buddhistic Monks for their meditations, before it finally found its way to Japan 500 years ago.
- Chinese notched flute. Tuned in A C D E F G, The Japanese Shakuhachi served as a model.
- Also it is blown through a notch at the upper end of the tube.
- Because of the different shape of the notch the sound can be kept a little more stable than the Japanese version.
- The sound is very smooth, deep and restrained.
- Originally it was used by Buddhistic Monks for their meditations, before it finally found its way to Japan 500 years ago.
- Length: 29-33 inch. Diameter: 1 inch Weight: 5 OZ
Shakuhachi, Dizi & Xiao Flute (Product Details) from Ace Champion “Good Buffalo”
Scales of the Flutes
The Shakuhachi & Xiao Flutes and made is Easter Scale of the Key of the instruments.
- For Eastern flutes the key is found when you close the first 3 holes from the top of the flute.
- The Western key of these flutes is found when all holes are closed. This is called the tonic note.
- Example: If you are looking for the lowest key we have you would be looking for the key of F which is found with the first 3 or top holes are covered. The tonic note with all holes closes is the key of C which is the lowest most flutes come. It is the last note of the 7 notes.
All 7 music notes are aligned with the 7 chakra systems. This helps when looking for sound healing in a specific part of the body you can match it with the note of the flute to stimulate the cells to promote natural healing with in. Below are examples of all 7 notes connected to the 7 chakra system. From the highest pitch key to the lowest.
- Key of B is connected to the Crown Chakra system which is are connection to the spiritual realm/divine consciousness.
- Key of A is connected to the Third Eye Chakra system “Pineal Gland” which governs ones intuition and psychic abilities as well as perception, awareness and spiritual communication.
- Key of G is connected to the Throat Chakra System which is responsible for communication, self-expression, and the ability to speak your personal truth.
- Key of F is connected to the Heart Chakra System which is where we hold unconditional love for self and others as well as compassion and joy.
- Key of E is connected to the Solar Plexus Chakra System which governs our ability to be confident, assertive, and make decisions from a place of inner wisdom. This is where we hold our “Will Power” as well. The ability to feel confident and in control of our lives. It also manages the life energy in order to balance the body and mind as 1.
- Key of D is connected to the Sacral Chakra System which governs how you experience sexuality, creative expression, emotions and more.
- Key of C is connected to the Root Chakra System which is our connection to the earth. This is also were we hold the “Fight or Flight” as well as fear and anxiety. It is also responsible for removing toxins from the body.
I would recommend you put the flutes in order from the lowest key to the highest. This will make it much easier to select which key you are looking for based on the music you are trying to play.
Xiao Flute Bamboo Tuned in A C D E F G $36.00
Above is the order you have it in online. To go from highest pitch to lowest it will be in this order
New order of scales from lowest not to highest.
E D C E G F
Professional Xiao Flute Shakuhachi Purple Bamboo Double Jointed Tuned in A F G
New order of scales from lowest to highest.
A G F
This is calculated based on the 7 chakra nots from B-C. B is the highest and C the lowest.
- Also maybe move the flutes for the “More” tab to the ”Healing Music” Tab as we use this for what is called Psychoacoustic Therapy which is excellent for Mental health as well as full body rejuvenation.
As far as the Chinese Dizi it says it should be eastern scale but judging by the size of the flutes it looks like it is western scale. I may need one of these flutes to test out. If it is western scale then you have them the order should be A G F E D C. I’m thinking this because this is the shortest to the longest which normally the longer the flute the deeper the tone.
Last here is a link to a YouTube channel for people to learn the different scales and how to play from beginner to professional. It’s free. https://www.youtube.com/@WuDaoMusic
I was contacted by Terre and was offered an apology for the flute AND given a complete refund. They were very kind and professional about the whole situation.
I bought the Xiao in D to work on a song that I wish to record. It is beautifully made but the tuning is completely off by a whole step. I initially thought that I was playing it incorrectly but I checked it with a tuner and saw that I was right. The notation for the D Xiao should be as follows: 5=A, 6=B, 7=C#, 1=D, 2=E, 3=F#, 4=G#; with 5, of course, being all 6 holes closed and playing up. Instead, the one that I received plays as follows: 5=G#, 6=A, 7=B, 1=C#, 2=D, 3=E, 4=F#. Oddly all the notes are there but just in the wrong holes. I wish I could give a better rating but I can't.